Do you have any memories from when you were 2 years old?
I only remember a couple of things: moving house, and getting bitten by a dog.
We forget so much of our early years. Maybe because if we remembered every screaming tantrum and bedwetting incident, we’d be too horrified and embarrassed to survive adulthood . 🙂
Your freelance blogging career will have its awkward toddler phase, too. It might start 2 years after you launch your business, or it could happen after as little as 6 months.
Here’s how to recognise it:
- You know more than you’re able to do
- You often feel frustrated by how slowly you’re progressing
- You wonder why you can’t stay focused on your work
- You envy bloggers who seem confident and effortlessly successful
- You can’t picture what your career will be like 5 years or 10 years from now
- You’re sure there must be a secret nobody’s told you about how freelance blogging works
Sound familiar? Congrats — you’re a toddler!
And you’re not the only one. This blog is 2 years old today. [Read more…]