Do you know what editors and potential clients do when they reach the end of your email?
How? Because they should be doing whatever you just told them to do!
The process of winning new clients through direct marketing is simple:
- Identify your ideal clients
- Get the right contact information
- Send them a message to introduce yourself as a freelance blogger
- If you’ve got an interesting idea for their blog, give them a brief description or outline at the same time
- They send you a message back if they’re interested (and the nicest people get back to you even if they’re not interested)
Do you see the yawning abyss there between Step 4 and Step 5?
That’s where you forgot to make shit happen. [Read more…]