Have you ever been at a point in your life where you’re absolutely lost?
A time when your career is at a dead end and your entire being is burdened with despair and panic?
In August of 2013 I entered the blogging world. I was a part-time employee for a crisis organization, with no chance of ever going full-time because of my medical history. The only thing that got me through my illness was writing, and it was the only thing I truly felt centered doing. So I created a website.
And then I asked what all new bloggers ask: “Now what?”
What do you do when you receive a request for editing services but you have no idea what to charge? How do you go about writing a sales letter to a potential client when you have no idea where to start?
What about those times where you can’t seem to word a sentence effectively and wish there was someone to take a quick look at it and give suggestions? Or when there’s a glitch on your website and you can’t afford a ‘tech geek’ to fix it?
Believe it or not, I found a community that provides round-the-clock support for all these things and more.
It’s called The Kingdom of Paidalot
There are FOUR experts on hand at all times — we call them the Royal Court. They have a personal relationship with each member.
All four experts promote, comment, critique and give immediate help. They even throw in extras such as on-the-fly coaching sessions, free editing and professional recommendations when needed.
The help you get in the Kingdom of Paidalot is very personalised, and frequently one-on-one. The time and dedication from each expert is what enables this community’s members to progress quickly toward their goals.
These are the 4 experts in the Kingdom:
- Valerie Bordeau: A creator and professional freelance writer who truly understands the frustration new writers have when trying to launch their careers. Valerie helps struggling writers earn what they truly deserve.
- Sophie Lizard: Sophie is a freelance writer and the owner of this blog you’re reading right now. 😉 I built my relationship with Sophie in the Kingdom of Paidalot, and she’s played a key role in my success. She even gives all members of the Kingdom a copy of her Client Hunting Handbook to help them step up and earn more.
- Kelly Boyer Sagert: Kelly’s 24 years of experience includes the roles of managing editor, contributing editor, playwright, content writer, creative writer and public speaker, so she can answer almost any question pertaining to writing.
- Robert Jennings: Fiction writer, ghostwriter and epic copyeditor, Robert helps members resolve technical problems and can always be counted on to provide honest, gentle feedback on writing. He believes in fixing what’s wrong so that writers can grow.
- Lauren Tharp: Lauren is currently the freelance writer in charge of creating the transcripts for the KOP’s podcasts and videos, making sure that their experts’ valuable information is available to everyone. She frequently joins our summits at the Kingdom of Paidalot to share her thoughts on writing, editing, and freelancing.
Here’s what’s inside
We have regular training “quests” that, if you add them all together, are worth thousands of dollars outside the Kingdom. The quests, even for members who are experienced, provide concise information designed to lead you to more paid writing gigs.
Each quest focuses on showing you how to do one thing very well, for example:
- How to write for magazines
- How to plan, write and publish your own book
- How to develop your business strategy and your unique appeal
- How to banish writer’s block
- How to land higher-paying clients
- How to research and uncover hard-to-find facts and quotes
If you enter the Kingdom you’ll also get a one-hour strategy session with Valerie to identify and address your immediate needs and help you plan your future. As you complete quests, you’ll earn points you can exchange for a mentoring session with Sophie, too.
And you’ll have unlimited access to the whole Royal Court, who provide help quickly when you need it — along with job tip-offs, Monty Python jokes and simple old-fashioned friendship.
But this was my favourite part
The biggest asset is the private Facebook group. This is a safe environment where help and support are provided approximately 18 hours a day.
Any question, problem or request for help is answered by both the Royal Court and its members. This is a group that helps, encourages, supports, critiques, laughs, cries and collaborates together. We share all our successes and have an uncommon bond with each other that keeps us moving forward, confident that the Kingdom’s always there for us.
How it changed my life
For the first time, I realized that being eccentric, introverted and not fitting in is perfectly normal!
I’m a writer, and these are qualities that many writers deal with their entire lives. I do fit in… in The Kingdom of Paidalot.
This is where I learned how to query successfully — for authority sites. This is where I learned to trust the right people again. This is where I found the confidence in myself to leave my job, this is where my career took off and enabled me to begin making money as a freelance writer.
90% of the money I make today originates from contacts or things I’ve learned in the Kingdom of Paidalot. This is where I go every single day for help, support and laughs. It’s like nothing I’ve ever had before.
Are YOU at a point in your writing career where you feel stuck?
Head to the Kingdom of Paidalot to slay your writing dragons and forge new friendships. You’ll never look back.