The year is ending. A new beginning, if you believe in that kind of thing. At the very least, a new morning.
Perhaps you’ve made resolutions, or contemplated your past and your future. Perhaps you’ve thought philosophical thoughts about your place in the universe.
This year, there are 9 laws I plan to live and work by. A mini-manifesto, if you like. Here’s what I believe:
- There are no boring topics, only boring posts.
- It’s not all about you. Even when you blog about you, it’s not all about you. [See Law #1.]
- Audience is everything. If you don’t know who you’re blogging for, you’re doing it wrong.
- Nobody pays hundreds of dollars for a blog post. They pay hundreds for the attention and revenue you bring them.
- Good clients are everywhere. Find yours.
- A bad client is a misunderstanding that’s already happened. Ask the right questions from the start.
- Every time you give yourself a raise, a freelance fairy gets its wings.
- Change is unstoppable, and so are you.
- The universe will not implode. Go forth and be a freelance blogger.
Win a Mystery Prize!
Today’s prize is a secret surprise — you’ll have to win it to find out what it is. All I’m saying is, it’s perfect for freelance bloggers and it has something to do with new beginnings.
To enter this contest, leave a comment and tell me what one thing —only one!— you most hope or plan to achieve this year.
I’ll choose one winner at the end of January 2nd, 2014. Good luck. 🙂