How to Hunt Out High-Paying Clients and
Attract a Stream of Freelance Blogging Gigs
It’s frustrating. You’ve seen freelance bloggers living your dream life — no day job, no debts, getting paid $100, $200, $300 and more for every post they write.
The ads you find online don’t offer that kind of pay. What are you missing?
The answer: client hunting skills.
Already convinced? Skip straight to your options.
Hunting for clients is an essential skill for any freelancer. It’s easy once you know how. But if you don’t know how, you’re screwed:
- You waste time looking in all the wrong places (weeks later you’ve got bills to pay and still no gigs lined up)
- You send email after email but you don’t know if anybody reads them
- You chicken out in negotiations and wind up working for less than you’re worth
- You’re exhausted because you never have time to relax
- You wonder WTF you have to do to make a real, reliable income as a freelance blogger
…unless you find out from somewhere, from someone who’s figured it out. Someone like me.
I had no money, no business skills and no clue what I was doing when I started freelance blogging.
But once I learned how to land high-paying clients, it only took a few months to build a steady full-time income from part-time work. For the past 6 years my freelance blogging career has supported my whole family.
I’ve worked with some of the most respected experts in the blogging industry — Chris Brogan at Owner Media, Danny Iny at Mirasee — as well as big-budget global brands and exciting startups.
Now I’m inviting *you* to learn EXACTLY how to win the high-paying gigs that will cover your bills and pay for your next vacation.
The Freelance Blogger’s Client Hunting Masterclass is designed to get you better clients and more money.
Thanks for putting on this class. It broke the steps down to an easy-to-follow sequence while at the same time building my confidence that I could do this and ask for the price I deserve. The lesson on finding hidden gigs was especially helpful, since I can pick the clients I want to work with and who will pay me my fees ($210 a post).
—Chris Peden, freelance writer at TheAccountingScribe.com
I’ve brought in some of my professional blogger friends to share their specialist knowledge with us, too, so you’ll get bonus tips and resources from our guest experts along with my advice.
Our Guest Experts
You’ll have access to exclusive video tutorials, downloadable resources, a private support forum, real-life examples from my freelance blogging business, and next-step tactics for success.
But this training isn’t for everyone.
How to Put Your Freelancing “Tent” Up
- Impress potential clients with your website or online portfolio
- Look professional even if you’ve got no paid blogging samples
- Bonus resources: Simple checklists of what to include
How to Find the Best Job Ads
- Find out which job boards are worth checking
- Learn how to spot a loser and avoid getting ripped off
- Bonus resources: Application email example and template
How to Make the Most of Social Media
- Find new clients on social networks: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook…
- Create strong social media profiles that attract clients to hire you
- Bonus resource: Network in the private Client Hunting forum
What to Say to Potential Clients
- Write queries, pitches and letters of introduction that get noticed
- Learn to describe your blogging services in a way that sells itself
- Bonus resources: Email templates and a sales strategy ebook
How to Land Your Next Client
- At this point, you’ve got all the essential skills you need for a successful and lucrative client hunt. Now we use what you’ve learned and start firing off some messages to the potential clients you’ve discovered so far.
How to Hunt Down Hidden Gigs
- Learn how to identify your ideal clients and find them online
- Figure out what they need and how to approach them
- Bonus resources: Step-by-step guides to analyzing potential clients and turning one-off posts into regular assignments
How to Know What You’re Worth
- Figure out exactly how much to charge for your blogging services
- Learn how to calculate your rates for different types of project
- Bonus resource: The Be a Freelance Blogger Rate Guide
How to Be the Bait
- Build a solid reputation that brings clients to your door
- Attract your ideal clients to your website or blog
- Bonus resource: An in-depth interview with guest expert Tom Ewer, who explains his swift rise to freelance blogging success and how he keeps a steady stream of clients coming in *without* doing any traditional marketing.
Choose Your Package
Standard Client Hunting Masterclass
With lesson-by-lesson feedback and private forum support
Get instant, lifetime access to the Client Hunting Masterclass lesson videos and all the bonus resources, with personalised support via in-lesson comments and the students-only forum during and after your training so you never feel stuck or confused about how to apply these lessons in real life.
Kick-Ass Client Hunting Masterclass
With one-to-one coaching and lifetime support
Get everything from the Standard Masterclass, PLUS:
- a 60 minute one-to-one mentoring session to set you on the right path
- an in-depth review to boost the impact of your business website and online portfolio
- a direct line to my brain — email me any time for private advice (even after the Masterclass ends!)
I’ve been blogging for a while but something just wasn’t clicking before for how to put all of this work/time/effort together to actually produce a real living wage. During about the 3rd lesson I started having some major “A-HA!” moments and by the time I’d finished I felt like (for the first time in a long time) I wasn’t going to have to rely on content mills just to make a couple bucks as a writer.
I felt empowered to take my new-found knowledge in my industry and pitch new clients. It didn’t take long before one of my pitches got noticed… I was put on retainer for 5 posts a month at $90 per post. That’s a 28% increase over what I was making for a post of the same quality and length.
—Jenn Flynn-Shon, freelance writer at JennFlynnShon.com
You are terrific! After taking your course and practicing what I learned, I have three full time clients… writing for a travel company, world wide destinations. Average monthly salary: $3000!
—Gary Peterson, freelance writer and blogger at StoriesByGary.wordpress.com
Seriously, do you want to work with clients you love?
Do you want to earn more money in less time?
Of course you do. Let’s get started.
8 video lessons
Private support forum
8 video lessons
Private support forum
Website & portfolio review
Unlimited email support
Your course should be required training for anyone looking to get serious about freelance writing. You’ve made a world of difference for my community. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that before taking your course, they were spinning in circles not getting anywhere. Then after they finish your training, everything clicks and they start seeing massive results. Thanks Sophie!
—Valerie Bordeau, freelance writer and founder of of FreelanceWritersAcademy.com
A few years ago, I considered myself VERY lucky when I was able to book articles at $50. When you know how to position yourself and find really good clients, though, the whole game changes. I now charge no less than $0,30/word and recently got a $10,000 project. Thanks Sophie for your help!
—Dan Virgillito, freelance writer at DanVirgillito.com
P.S. If you’re serious about freelance blogging, I’m serious about showing you how to get better clients. I know you can pick up these client hunting skills in just 8 weeks with this in-depth Masterclass — student success stories keep on rolling in to prove it! I hope you’ll join us and become the next big success.