Back in February 2015, Sophie interviewed Linda Formichelli of The Renegade Writer… but there hasn’t been another featured blogger since then.
I told Sophie she should bring back the “Blogger of Interest” series. She agreed. Then she put me in charge of the whole shebang.
So the series is back, bloggers.
In this installment of “Blogger of Interest,” we’re featuring Peter Sandeen of PeterSandeen.com (neat!).
Peter started blogging as a way to build his business and reputation as a marketing expert. But Peter’s no ordinary online marketing guru; he’s made a name for himself as the go-to guy on value propositions and marketing messages.
In this interview, I talk to Peter about how he started out as a marketing blogger, what value propositions are and why they’re so important, and how freelance bloggers can discover their own value propositions to attract the right kinds of clients. We also discuss how freelancers can figure out their clients’ value propositions to deliver content genuine to their business goals.
Listen now [27 minutes]
- 1:00 – How Peter discovered he was good at marketing and how that turned into a blog and online business
- 4:15 – Why getting some marketing clients convinced Peter to narrow down his niche and find a specialty (value propositions)
- 7:47 – How freelance bloggers can determine the value propositions of their clients and integrate the propositions into the content delivered to clients
- 11:30 – Why Apple provides a good (but complicated) real-life example of a value proposition in practice
- 15:43 – How freelance bloggers can figure out their own value propositions and…
- 18:51 – How freelance bloggers can use their value propositions in their marketing to clients
- 20:44 – Why Peter has been able to set himself apart from other marketers with his perspective-based value proposition
- 23:05 – What Peter’s favorite guilty pleasure read is (hint: it’s not blogs!)
If you’ve only got 3 minutes
Want an easy way to figure out your value proposition?
Peter’s put together a nifty downloadable exercise which you can use to see how well your ideas will work for your value proposition. Head on over to PeterSandeen.com/value to grab the exercise and start clarifying your marketing message.
Got questions about value propositions and how they can help your freelance blogging career? Leave us a comment and we’ll do our best to have Peter or one of the BAFB team reply!